Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Next Big Thing

There's nothing like a 5:30am run, right? I haven't been to track practice in about a month (due to GMAT), but I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up to my alarm (on the second go-around) this morning.

Daylight savings comes this Sunday, but the days are already beginning to get lighter. About 3/4 of the way through the practice, it was as if someone flipped on the light switch. From total blackness to the early stages of dawn, the Little Dipper faded into the gradually lightening sky. It was a good workout.

I enjoy running with the Dallas Athletes, but I may start up again with Team in Training (TNT). They are gearing up for the Nike Women's Marathon in mid-October, which is on my list of must-run marathons. Everyone I've talked with always raves about it. It's in San Francisco - that alone is enough to make me want to go. Though it's the Nike Women's Marathon, men run it, too. Most runners are there to have fun and celebrate, not for a PR (personal record). It's somewhat of a hilly course (it's San Francisco), but you get chocolate at Ghiradelli Square and a Tiffany & Co. finisher's necklace awarded to you by the San Francisco firefighters. ; )

That said, if anyone wants to make a vacation out of it, I would love a running buddy or a fan section!

No comments:

Post a Comment