Monday, October 4, 2010

Being Italian

Coffee shops are my weakness.

I don't drink coffee, but I absolutely love going to hang out with people. It's what I like to call "being Italian." When my family went to Italy in 2003, we were so impressed at how the Italians would simply sit outside in the piazzas and people watch for hours. They would talk and laugh, drink coffee, eat a delicious dinner with family and friends, go get ice cream and take a quiet walk - it was amazing to watch. Their pace of life is so much different.

It's like that with coffee shops - everything seems to slow down and become less hectic when you sit and talk over a nice chai tea latte or cup of hot chocolate.

I had one of those evenings at my favorite restaurant (Fadi's) this weekend. My 'sister' Bashorat came into town and took me to the ballet to see Cinderella! We had a few hours between church and the ballet, so we were able to catch up over some wonderful Mediterranean cuisine. The ballet was amazing, by the way! I never knew the story of Cinderella had fairies or dragonflies. lol - and the evil stepsisters were played by men! They made it more like slapstick comedy.

What a good night. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment