Thursday, April 1, 2010

Moving to Louisiana

Hi Friends,

Big news - I'm moving to Louisiana...next week! Does this seem totally out of the blue? It kind of is. Here's the story.

When I was a junior in high school, I lived with a missionary family (the Lewises) in Guatemala for the summer and taught English in their private school. They were in Guatemala for about 20 years and through a series of events the Lord called them back to live in the States (Louisiana), although they still oversee the Inn Ministries.

Over the past 7 years, we have kept in touch and they are a second family to me. Last March I was in their oldest daughter's wedding and they asked me to consider coming to work with them. It sounded great, but didn't seem feasible. Besides, Louisiana??

Last September I left the Chamber and have been doing some consulting work for Love Funding since then, but have felt very aimless the past six months. To make a long story even longer, I called Mike to say hello and decided to come out to Louisiana to visit them and reconsider the offer. Honestly, I was not planning to take them up on it because I had already made plans here (joined Team in Training again, signed an apartment lease with friends, became a member at my church, etc.). However, I sat down to talk with Mike & LaTonya and really felt that it was what I was supposed to do. I felt that the Lord was challenging me to put aside my reservations and trust Him in this.

I am now officially moved out of my apartment and I am in the process of unpacking and re-packing. My mom and I will drive out to West Monroe next week and I will then start my new job doing the administrative work and logistics for the ministry. I will be living with the Lewises and their four amazing kids and I'm SO EXCITED!

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" (Ps. 27:13-14).

No comments:

Post a Comment