Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Them Lewises are all up in my Kool-Aid!

I've officially been here one week now.

The Louisiana Learning Curve: Sometimes the local paper mill makes everything smell like poo; people here are serious about their trucks and deer meat; the Lewises don't exactly get my sporadic techno dance breaks and I still haven't figured out how to fold their towels the way they want...

...but so far so good! ; )

What a fast transition! Recap: 3 weeks ago I came out to Louisiana to visit the Lewises and decided that I would come to work for them through Inn Ministries. I spent the next 2 wks packing, unpacking, and repacking; moving roomies to their new apt; and saying goodbye to all my friends and family (who are amazing, by the way!).

My mom and I drove out last Wed and I realized that the Lewises built me my own personal closet! In a house with 7 ppl where I share a room with 2 other girls, having my own closet space rocks. Their house is great though and they love having people over. We hosted the youth group's Spring Fling on Saturday (volleyball, hanging out and grilling), and we're hosting the young adults/young marrieds this Sunday for home groups.

Working with the ministry is great so far. It's crazy to hear about all the Guatemalan kids b/c they are all grown up now. I first went to Guatemala 7 years ago, and some of the little ones are graduated by now! Working on Student Sponsorships and thank-you letters right now.

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe they are graduated and starting families and just plain grown up?? It doesn't seem like it was that long ago and I still see their faces as little ones!

    ReplyDelete