Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why I Eat Celery

a) It tastes good.
No, not really. I mean, compared to chocolate... Is that really fair though? After all, celery is a vegetable.

b) To lose weight.
Studies have shown that you actually burn calories when you eat celery (the action of chewing burns more than the 15 calories you are consuming). That's nice and all, but I always eat celery with peanut butter and that definitely undermines any weight loss goal.

c) To attract guys.
Studies have also shown that when you eat celery, your body gives off a certain scent that the opposite sex finds attractive. I have no idea how they thought up this study, but as college girls we thought it was a great idea! Why not? So my roommate and I stocked up on celery & PB and I introduced my Swedish friend Matilda to the great American tradition: Ants on a Log. Good times!

Does it really work though? Hmm...the jury is still out. I'll stock up on celery & PB again and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment