Sunday, October 17, 2010

Running Changes Everything


Running has been interesting lately.

I am slated to run Rockledge three weeks from Saturday. Am I ready? Good question. School has taken it out of me - so many tests, projects, papers, meetings...

Two weeks ago, I had a near meltdown: "I'm failing at life!" "But Katie," my parents asked, "Haven't you made A's on just about everything so far?" "Well, yeah. But I haven't run in a week!" I wailed.

Doing a solid 12-miler last Saturday sure brightened my spirits. I haven't logged anything so far this week, but maybe today. Here's the schedule:

  • 15-16 miles this Sat (weekly mileage: 22)
  • Start to taper next week - increase speed work (weekly mileage: 10-12)
  • Taper more - do more speed work (weekly mileage: 6)
  • Rockledge 30K!

And if school takes over and my world implodes, I can always drop down to the 15K - that's only 9.3 miles. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment