Monday, September 6, 2010

Evolution of a Goal

Let's face it - I'm fickle.

At the beginning of this year I had decided to do the Longhorn Half Ironman. I was all psyched up last Christmas when my dad got me a sweet bike - a white & pink, carbon fiber Orbea with Ultegra components. I knew I could handle the run/swim, but as time went on I grew intimidated of the 56 mi bike ride. There was also drama at work and a lot going on at home with my brother.

So, nix the Half Ironman. I'll shoot for the Nike Women's Marathon and be a mentor for Team in Training. ...But then I moved to Louisiana. So, nix that one, too. Instead, I will train for the Dallas White Rock Marathon! And then summer hit. Have you ever experienced a stiflingly humid West Monroe summer? Ugh. I trained, but not enough to prepare for the full.
After months of deliberation - What about a sprint tri? Trail run? Half marathon? - Here's what I've decided:

30K trail run @ Grapevine Lake

Dec. 5 - Running & training for the half marathon with my friend Lauren

Next Year's Goal - Olympic-distance tri or Half Ironman, and possibly the Hotter'N Hell. That's my story and I'm sticking to it - at least for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment